Contact Information

Amanda Bashaw
(208) 883-5706
(208) 883-7218
Latah County Courthouse - Room 104

Solid Waste Department
Empire Disposal Accounts

This site concerns RURAL county residences only. For assistance with a residence inside a city limit please call City Hall.

Empire Disposal services Latah County accounts located in Farmington and the area north of Potlatch. A 90-gallon tote is provided for waste disposal. It must be placed within 5 feet of the county or state road by 5am on the scheduled service day.

Driveway service is for solid waste that fits in the 90-gallon tote. Larger items must be hauled to a Bulky Waste Site or the Solid Waste Processing Facility. All waste must be contained in the 90-gallon tote.

Waste should be neatly contained in garbage bags. SHARPS waste must be in a secure, puncture-resistant container with remainder of garbage.

If garbage is missed or not picked up it will be serviced the following week. If your tote was at the designated place at the proper time and was not serviced please call Latah County Solid Waste Department to communicate the roblem.

Notify the Latah County Solid Waste Department if you have any questions or problems with your pick up service.

Collectors will notify you if there is a change in the pickup schedule. If roads are impassable, service will be on the next scheduled service date. If you have any questions contact Latah County Solid Waste Department. The Holiday Collection Schedule is printed in the Colfax Gazzette, or can be obtained from Empire Disposal at 509 397-3200.

Fee and Payment Structure

2018 Rates Empire Residential Rates

Roll Cart Quarterly Fee Annual Fee Paid by Feb 16th
35 Gallon can (owner provides) $58.05 $232.20 $227.20
64 Gallon cart $70.80 $283.20 $278.20
90 Gallon cart $94.50 $378.00 $373.00

Payments are due by the 15th of the month. Delinquent accounts are subject to late fees. Monthly statements are not mailed for residential accounts. Payment books and automatic bank deduction forms are available upon request. Credit and debit card payments are accepted with a 3% service fee.

Solid waste exemptions may be available if a home is vacant, non-livable, or used for storage. Applications may be obtained from the Latah County Solid Waste Office or downloaded from the link below. An exemption must be applied for and approved in order to stop billing.

Landlords are responsible for notifying their occupants of all services available. If a tenant does not pay the solid waste fee the owner will be held responsible. The bill and any fees may be certified to the owner´s property tax bill for collection.

back toSolid Waste Home Page