Contact Information

Amanda Bashaw
(208) 883-5706
(208) 883-7218
Latah County Courthouse - Room 104

Solid Waste Department
Billing Procedures

This site concerns RURAL county residences only. For assistance with a residence inside a city limit please call City Hall.

2018 Residential Solid Waste Fees
(Rural Latah County serviced by Latah Sanitation)

Please keep accounts current, $10.00 late fees applied on the 15th of March, June, September & December.

2018 Residential Rates

Roll Cart Quarterly Fee Annual Fee Paid by Feb 10
35 gallon $57.00 $228.00 $223.00
65 gallon $69.75 $279.00 $274.00
95 gallon $83.25 $333.00 $328.00

Non Payment: Late fees are added to delinquent accounts. Balances may be added to property tax bill for collection (may affect mortgage payments).

Cart Exchange $18.00 (After 60 day trial period)

You will be billed a $5.00 fee for any waste outside the roll cart.

Solid Waste fees are calculated on a quarterly basis. Bills will be mailed at the end of the quarter and will include all extra bag or late fees from the previous quarter. Fees may be paid monthly, quarterly or yearly. Automatic bank deductions can be set up for free if you wish to pay monthly. Credit and Debit card payments are subject to a 2.5% fee with a minimum of $1.50. Please make checks payable to Latah County Solid Waste (LCSW).

We accept the following credit cards: American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover Card.

If a home is vacant, non-livable, or used for storage, a solid waste exemptions may be available. Applications may be obtained from the Latah County Solid Waste Office, or downloaded from the link below. An exemption must be applied for and approved in order to stop billing.

Landlords are responsible for notifying their occupants of all services available. If a tenant does not pay the solid waste fee the owner will be held responsible. The bill and any fees may be certified to the owner´s property tax bill for collection.

If you qualify for the State of Idaho Circuit Breaker Program, the County Commissioners have established a similar solid waste fee reduction program. The applicant must qualify under the same terms as the Idaho State Circuit Breaker program. Solid waste hardship exemption forms may be obtained from the Latah County Solid Waste Office, or downloaded from the link below. Clearly specify why you are requesting a hardship. Exemptions are decided by the Latah County Commissioners.

back toSolid Waste Home Page